MEMORABLE MOVIE THEATER EXPERIENCES
- •GREMLINSMy parents thought it would be a fun, family Christmas film, but my little sister started screaming the minute she saw her first Gremlin and kept screaming for 3 1/2 weeks. 🙄
- •WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBITSame sister ⬆️ vomited before the show but still wanted to see it. Vomited again halfway through, so my mom took her out to get cleaned up while dad stayed with the rest of us. A few minutes before the end of the movie the electric went out in the whole theater. They gave us passes to come back the next day, but my dad was over it by then and also was unhappy with how sexualized Jessica Rabbit was, so I didn't figure out what happened with The Dip for 10 more years.
- •THE LAST BOY SCOUTDrank two giant diet sodas and had to pee so many times I missed the movie, so we bought tickets and watched it again, then I got in trouble for missing curfew.
- •GHOSTMy friend Tanya and I loved this movie and watched it eight times in the movie theater. Same theater, front row, popcorn for her, diet soda for me(did I learn my lesson, no) We were pretty comfortable and confident we owned the place, so we started bringing blankets and spreading all our stuff out in the front row. Our adolescent hubris was never challenged.
- •STRICTLY BALLROOMFirst movie where I was the only person in the theater. I skipped school to finish a project and then went to this movie. Did some serious dance moves in the aisles.
- •FORTRESSIf there is a mile high club for movie theaters, this is my movie. 🙈
- •CAPE FEARSaw with my girlfriends and we were terrified and checked under our cars for psychopathic cheek biting murderers for the rest of high school.
- •PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEANWe smuggled in sub sandwiches, bags of chips and so much candy. The kids were laughing so hard and trying to be sneaky by tiptoeing and whispering and failing miserably at it and we had so much fun.