MY TOP ELEVEN FAVORITE MOVIES AND WHAT I THINK THESE CHOICES SAY ABOUT ME
I'd like to think I'd pick more high-brow or serious movies, ones with intricate plots or heart-wrenching character development, or sophisticated, nuanced themes; but, when it comes down to it, I just love singing puppets, unwise personal decisions, and teenagers in love.
- •Valley GirlSucker for a bad boy who might ruin your life. Bonus points if he's wearing a punk vest. @andersun
- •The Princess BrideI am a mere mortal who cannot resist a universally appealing movie. Or a swashbuckling Spaniard, Baby Fred Savage, or the name Humperdinck. @Everyone
- •TremorsCamp speaks far more to me than clever writing or good direction. Kevin Bacon.
- •Joe vs. the VolcanoThis quote sums up my life philosophy: "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement." @gwcoffey
- •Forrest GumpFor one scene that sums up everything. Forrest is such a good person in this movie; endlessly positive, gives his all, practices until he gets things right, follows his heart, risks life and limb for loyalty and friendship; but when Jenny tells him that he has a son, the only thing he can choke out is the worry that his son is "like him." I think it speaks to the worst worry parents have about the their own shortcomings and inadequacy, and it makes me cry every time. Hell, this gif makes me cry.
- •Philadelphia StoryI always say don't go backwards in life, but I'm kind of a sucker for movies where people do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Also, Jimmy Stewart is 🔥🔥🔥
- •ScarfaceMy secret alter-ego is an 80's era cocaine runner.
- •Death on the NileThings I love: Murder mysteries-check. Egypt-check. Riverboat cruises-check. Hercule Poirot-check. Angela Lansbury, Maggie Smith, David Niven-check. check. check. AGATHA-😍
- •Muppet Christmas CarolEverything about this movie is my favorite. Dickensian social values, Muppets, grumpy Michael Caine, catchy songs, Christmas cheer, family.
- •HeathersA little teen romance, a little strip croquet, giant shoulder pads, Christian Slater, classic mean girls, a little backstabbing, co-ordinating hairs scrunchies, a little murder, a frat party, Drano, Shannen freaking Doherty. @lame