PROFESSIONAL DILETTANTE DEGREE
I've been talking about going back to school for almost a decade, so I took the plunge and did it. The beauty(and also the tragedy, tbh) of my particular situation is that I only need classes that are a certain level to complete my degree, but they can literally be any classes. I looked for Advanced Basketweaving, but they don't offer it.
- •My classes for autumn semester:
- •Public Archeology
- •Early Modern Japanese Art
- •Film Noir and Neo Noir
- •Psychology of Choice and Decision Making
- •Organizational Leadership and Planning
- •I'm thinking of adding a Gender Studies in Early Modern Japanese Culture class because 1. It's no extra money, and 2. I think it might be interesting, and 3. To lend context to the art class, but I'm not sure yet.
- •My plan is to apply to graduate school and to get a job with a reasonably grown up salary that doesn't bore me or make me despair for the future of humanity, but I have zero clue where to focus my efforts.
- •My greatest professional skill at this point is "I don't know, but I'm sure I can figure it out." and then I do.This doesn't inspire as much confidence in people as you'd think it should.
- •I'm pretty sure the job I am most qualified for is "Victorian Era Salonnière" so if y'all'd keep your eyes peeled for opportunities, I'd appreciate it.
- •I added the extra class because I'm crazy like that.💃💃💃🤓