TO CAROL, IN 27D, THANK YOU
- •For not giving me that look people give when they realize a fat girl bought the seat next to them.
- •For asking if I wanted to chat, or read the book I was holding.
- •For serving your country in the armed forces for 33 years.
- •For your 4 tours of duty in Desert Storm, Afghanistan and Iraq.
- •For being a combat nurse and taking care of countless other Carols and Bobs and Jims and Jacks fighting with you.
- •For being a SINGLE MOM deployed on CHRISTMAS EVE the year your daughter turned 13.
- •For showing me pictures of your adorable grandson with the bright blue eyes.
- •For retiring with a full pension to Florida, but planing on returning to Virginia to be near your family, your grandson, and so you can volunteer at the USO.