Concrete Action I'm Taking for my Mental Health
So I did a list a few days ago about concrete action I'm taking on the wake of the election (Concrete Action I'm Taking), and all that's important, but self care is important too. Take care of yourselves, friends!
- •First, let me acknowledge, as a straight, white, middle-class woman, I know I'm going to be okay. And I know that my fear and anxiety is often a fraction of what people of color, LGBTQ people, immigrants and muslims might be experiencing.
- •But I am still experiencing fear and anxiety. So I'm taking care of my mental health.
- •I've scheduled an extra therapy session in between appointments.
- •I've deleted Facebook from my phone and will not be using it for at least the next week.
- •I'm going on at least a 72 hour news hiatus. I'm a news junkie, but there's nothing else I can do right now. What will happen will happen, so I'm taking a 3 day break.
- •I'm working on kindness.