FICTIONAL CHARACTERS I AM A LITTLE BIT IN LOVE WITH
Inspired by @sally's list of fictional jerks she would date despite red flags. This list contains jerks (but not all are jerks!). May be a work in progress.
- •Danny Castellano*, The Mindy ProjectSuper hot, great dancer, aggressively hot kisser and butt grabber. Those red glasses. Sweet romantic gestures. Uses "stone cold bitch" as a term of endearment. But more baggage than a socialite on a 'round the world trip. *ETA: seasons 1-3 only. I cannot condone the travesty that was his characterization/behavior in season 4.
- •Josh Lyman, The West WingPassionate, smart, just enough of a self esteem issue to make him try really hard. Would probably end terribly, though. Arrogance for days: hot at first, less hot three months in.
- •Burton "Gus" Guster, PsychFunny, cute, loyal. Voracious love of food and a tell-it-like-it-is manner. We could make it work.
- •Hercules Mulligan, HamiltonYes, Hercules Mulligan is a real person, but I am in love with the fictionalized version played by Okieriete Onaodowan. In Yorktown, when he sings "I get the fuck back up again!" it is the hottest thing I've ever seen/heard.
- •Jim Halpert, The OfficeNo explanation needed. Everyone was a little bit in love with Jim Halpert.
- •Mr. Darcy, Pride and PrejudiceAgain, no explanation necessary. Everyone's a little bit in love with Mr. Darcy.
- •Ben Wyatt, Parks and RecreationThe ultimate wish fulfillment character. Who doesn't want to marry this sweet nerd who will always be your cheerleader? I would read his Star Trek fan fiction and convincingly pretend to like it.