Help! I need a new phone and don't know what to get.
I shattered the screen on my iPhone 5s this morning and need to get one. I can't decide whether to go with an iPhone 7 or an android OS phone.
- •On the iPhone side: prettier cases (yes, I'm just that shallow), iMessaging, FaceTime, apps come out first for it (see: li.st), easy to use music and podcast apps, I've been using iPhones for the last 4 years.
- •On the android side: widgets are much better, better integration with my gmail, I have no other Apple products, Apple hegemony is annoying, google maps and gmail are much better apps than the iPhone maps and mail apps, I started out on an android phone.
- •Help? What do you guys have? What are you buying next?
- •I have a iphone. It is near impossible to switch back to an android after getting an iphone. So be sure you want to sign up for life.Group messaging runs my life. In a good way and a bad way.Suggested by @Boogie
- •I'm waiting to see what the tenth anniversary iPhone will be like.Group texts and FaceTime with my family take precedence over other considerations. I also just like iPhone's interface - I like that it's simple. Apple Maps may not be as good as Google maps, but it's good enough to get me where I want to go... in your shoes, I would get the screen repaired by a third party and wait another year.Suggested by @sofamiliar
- •I've got an iPhone 6 Plus. I've had Android phones in the past too but I always go back to Apple...there's no comparison. 📱Suggested by @andlamb
- •I'm typing this on an iPad, but I have an Android phone. I prefer the Android OS and all of the integrated Google stuff personally. It's all what you like and what works for you though. I've never really loved any of my phones until I recently got a Galaxy S6 Edge +. It's the perfect phone for me.Good luck with whatever you choose! 🍀Suggested by @NumbahTwo
- •I have a Sony Xperia M4.Very handy, has many of the apps I need, and the Gmail integration is great. Just make sure that you have more than 8GB of memory, because the phone takes up 4.3GB. All in all, a good phone.Suggested by @maisieselfies
- •Update! I went with the iPhone SE. Couldn't beat the price. Thanks for everyone's helpful comments!