I don't trust cops
- •I don't trust cops.
- •I know the "right" thing to say is that there are systemic issues in police departments, but that police officers are generally good people who want to protect and serve.
- •I'm sure some of them are.
- •I'm sure there are a number of police officers who go into that field, because they feel called to public service. Because they want to serve their communities and make them better places.
- •But I think there are many that go into law enforcement, because they get off on power. Because they find it heady to have authority over other people.
- •And I worry those cops represent a larger portion of law enforcement than we'd like to admit.
- •And that's scary. And discomfiting. And worrisome.
- •And when I see a cop on the street, I can't help but feel like it could be the latter.
- •So I don't trust cops.