I'M WITH HER
We hear a lot about voting for the lesser of two evils, and I'm not saying voting against Donald Trump wasn't a big part of my vote, but that wasn't all or even most of it. Here's why I support Hillary.
- •Her view that government can be harnessed to be a supportive, constructive force for the citizenry aligns with my own.
- •She acknowledges the systemic racism in our justice system and the implicit racism in our culture and wants to work to end that.
- •She supports the rights of women, including comprehensive reproductive health care.
- •She supports equality for LGBTQ people.
- •She supports common sense gun control.
- •She recognizes that immigrants enhance the US and supports reforms to end family detention, close private detention centers and provide a path to citizenship for those who want it.
- •She wants to defend and improve the Affordable Care Act, not dismantle it.
- •She is thoughtful and measured.
- •She is willing to listen to her critics and admit when she is wrong.
- •She is remarkably intelligent.
- •She is resilient.
- •She is one of, if not the most experienced presidential candidate we've ever had.
- •I'm so proud to have cast my vote for her.