So, I don't know if it's post-holiday letdown, the fact that we're inaugurating a man on Friday who might usher in the end of days, or general winter malaise, but I've felt the need for a few pick me ups lately. Here's what I do to cheer myself up.
- •🥂 Have a glass of sparkling wine.We all act like sparkling wine should be for special occasions, but why should we deny ourselves the awesomeness on at least a weekly basis? You can get a good bottle for the same amount as non-sparkling wine (shout out to the $9.99 bottle of sparkling rose I bought last weekend), and with a good champagne stopper, it will save in the fridge. Use with caution though, because we all know wine can be crying juice.
- •📺 Speaking of...watch an episode of Parks and Rec.Always makes me feel better and motivates me. Remember the priorities in life: friends, waffles and work.
- •👯 FaceTime with a friend.FaceTime is the best. I don't know why I don't do it more often. Pic of the time I made my mom FaceTime me so I could talk to my dog when she was dog sitting, and he was so not into it.
- •📚 Read a trashy romance novel.My go to guilty pleasure. My friends are all reading The Goldfinch or The Underground Railroad, and I'm over here like "where's the latest Nora Roberts?" Courtney Milan has been my jam lately. Give me all the historical romance with the anachronistic feminism.
- •💅 Paint my nailsI'm not a big makeup person, but I love doing my nails. I'm super into the Essie Gel Couture line these days 💯
- •🐶 Cuddle with my dog.He's the best. And he's a pro at relaxation.