Why I March
I'm participating in the Women's March on Washington next week, and one of the hashtags going around social media is #whyimarch, so here's why I will.
- •Because I want to send President-Elect Trump a message on his first day in office that we are here, we are paying attention, and we will not be silent.
- •Because women's rights are human rights.
- •Because Black lives matter.
- •Because I'm worried about my future and the future of the children I want to have. Because I want them to grow up in a world that is freer and safer than mine.
- •Because I believe that immigration makes our country better, and human beings have a basic right to seek better lives for themselves and their children. No human being is illegal.
- •Because I believe in reproductive choice.
- •Because I believe that healthcare is a right, not a privilege.
- •Because I'm scared, and seeing the number of passionate people, especially women, who are ready to work, ready to resist, makes me feel better.
- •Let's do this 💪