A FEW OF MY FAVORITE AUTHOR ENCOUNTERS
I'm a children's librarian so I've been lucky enough to meet and sometimes stalk or share a drink with some pretty awesome authors. Here are some of my most memorable.
- •Mo WillemsWe chatted a bit while in line at the hotel gift shop when the cashier had no clue in the world what she was doing. I may have stalked him a bit the rest of the day...
- •Sarah DessenI met Sarah Freaking Dessen briefly and got a signed copy of Saint Anything. And this photo.
- •Lois LowrySat in my office at work and chatted with us for a few glorious minutes.
- •Laurie Halse AndersonShe's lovely and I enjoy listening to her speak.
- •Chris CrutcherThis is my best story. We were eating at the hotel and he walked in alone. We had met him earlier in the day, so he recognized us and came over. He joined us and was so much fun. Had a beer with him and he told us a bunch of great stories. And blamed us for keeping him up to late when he gave his breakfast talk the next morning!