HOW YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD CUT A TOXIC FRIEND OUT OF YOUR LIFE
She says all this in a "meeting" she called on her front porch
- •She says she's "fine" several times when you ask her if she's okay... And then she tells you she's been angry for weeks
- •She says you're so negative "you've been pulling me down" emotionally
- •She says "you're spiraling out of control at school." *With no information.*
- •She says "you're selfish.. There's no other way to put it... You're selfish"
- •She says "when you talk about your father [your life trauma], you make EVERYONE uncomfortable"
- •She says "you don't have your shit together"
- •She counts the number of Sales classes you've missed and repeats the number back to you as an example of your failure
- •She says "I only want to surround myself with people who are working for something" *implying that you're not* when dressing you down
- •She says "I'm not going to let you drag me down." And you say "okay you don't have to be around me" and she gets ANGRY
- •She says "you're always angry about something"
- •She says "last time you were this cut off you were depressed" and when you say "if you think I might be depressed do you think this is the right way to handle it?," she ignores your question
- •She says "you don't try to hang out with me during the weekdays" after all that.
- •She doesn't appreciate that you stopped people from making fun of her for wearing denim shorts over colored leggings as "winter-wear"
- •She says Lincoln is a war criminal and has a tiny confederate flag in her apartment