OLSEN TWIN MOVIES RANKED
My guide to the Olsens in celebration of Nickelodeon acquiring their catalogue (although they'll always be ABC Family girls to me). A lifetime fan's research realized. Comments/alternates welcome
- 1.It Takes TwoA huge deal was made over "New York Minute" being their first theatrical release, but I HIGHLY doubt Kirstie Alley and Steve Guttenberg would do a direct to VHS at the HEIGHT of their careers. But I was 4 when it came out so I can't fight this misconception with certainty
- 2.Billboard DadAn obvious one. True "Olsen-era" perfection. I was CONVINCED I would have their life the second I moved to California. Alas and alack.
- 3.Our Lips are SealedWitness protection program amazing-ness. It taught me everything I know about Australia. And I'm totally okay with it not being corrected because queens Olsen taught me
- 4.New York MinuteKendra was using Mary-Kate as a style icon at this point (2004), so she was more excited than me tbh. I still loved it. It's the embodiment of all things early 2000 and genuinely fun. I felt like a grown-up because THEY were grown up
- 5.Passport to ParisI'm pretty certain I got my European history degree because of the montage in this movie
- 6.Double, Double Toil and TroubleThis scared me EVERY TIME and yet I continued to watch almost monthly. I don't know why Kendra didn't take me back to the child psychologist who watched me play with Barbies then. I can't do horror movies now
- 7.Switching GoalsAs the only sibling in my little step-sibling pocket who didn't play competitive soccer/enjoy playing with butterflies during Sunday games, I was SURE owning this movie would make my brother and sister like me.
- 8.Getting ThereSuper topical re: 2002 Winter Olympics. The we're 16-years-old, not-a-girl-not-yet-a-woman movie that made me CRAVE my own road trip (my drive with Kendra WAS more fun though).
- 9.When in RomeThe prairie skirts and chunky highlights rivaled the Roman scenes. Cute but forgettable
- 10.Winning LondonEven with my major Anglophilia, I know this was mediocre at best. The plot was weak and the boys weren't that cute.
- 11.Holiday in the SunObvious vanity project/excuse to go to the beach. Which like... Good for them. But I don't really remember it/remember liking it.
- 12.To Grandmother's House We GoTheir first movie. And it shows.
- 13.How the West was FunCompletely overrated and over-played. I've never been into the cowboy aesthetic and I still think it's garbage.
- 14.The Challenge (?)Some bullshit movie they apparently made in 2003. I had to read about it on iMDB. I feel betrayed.
- 15.The Little Rascals**Only because it's not a TRUE "Olsen twins movie." Still one of the best movies of my childhood.