+places to Go With Kids (11, 8) Tokyo +
We are shooting there in August. Kids are coming to join us at end of trip. We are doing Tokyo, Kyoto, Mt. Fuji. I'd love any recs.
- •Monkey farm!
- •Ghibli museum!Need to buy tickets in advance but truly amazing!Suggested by @LizWatson
- •Kidzania TokyoSuggested by @bjnovak
- •KiddylandOne of the best toy stores in the world. Kids will love it and you'll be fascinated with how bizarre everything is. Great location in Shibuya.
- •Sky TreeIt's the tallest something in the world... Or second tallest something? Either way it's fun to view the city at sunset from this giant tower. The accompanying mall - Sky Tree village - is a wonderful place to get souvenirs and excellent green tea ice cream.
- •DisneySeaTokyo Disneyland is amazing (and the Winnie the Pooh Ride is Disney's best ride anywhere) but if you only go to one of the parks, make it Sea - it's phenomenal and wildly different than any other Disney park.
- •Studio Ghibli MuseumSuggested by @jameshiga
- •Hozugawa River boat ride. Kyoto outskirts.More of an all day activity. The 1.5 hour river cruise is a leisurely way to enjoy the outdoors, cool off from the August heat, and get a shooting the teensy rapids thrill ride. http://bit.ly/1Ie7J0b http://bit.ly/1MnAzCcSuggested by @jameshiga
- •Takeshita StreetThis is a walking street popular with young teenage girls - lots of fast fashion boutiques, sugary desserts, and a Daiso (100 Yen shop, like a dollar store with quirky, cute items). It's also close to the Meiji Shire, atmospherically set in a forest, and Yoyogi Park, where guys dressed like Elvis & Harajuku girls & mimes & people walking rabbits on leashes spend their Sundays.Suggested by @erica