Stages of Zola
- •This is the best thing I've ever readI hope these tweets go on forever. Zola is the Ferrante of Twitter. I never want this to end.
- •Wait, this is getting darker than I expectedThis is sex trafficking. Straight up sex trafficking. Still, I can't stop reading.
- •Okay now I have to stopJess gets beaten and raped. This isn't fun anymore.
- •And yet...Zola's voice is amazing. She's owning her sex workerness and telling the story in a hilarious way. She doesn't cast herself as a victim. She is the hero of her own existence.
- •I don't have a conclusion. Like I said, it's complicated.