VEGAN TREATS ☀️📂
I made the choice to go vegan about three and a half months ago, for a variety of reasons, and I love it so far. Here are some delicious substitutes and snacks. ❤️
- •Treeline CheeseI've tried several cheese substitutes, and this is, by far, my favorite. I like green peppercorn, but the others are good too. Perfect for rice crackers or spreading on a bagel.
- •Beyond BurgerThey currently only sell this at the Whole Foods in Boulder, CO (luckily, I live nearby), but it will be worth the wait for those of you elsewhere. This is made of pea protein and beet juice, and it's unsettlingly realistic (ok with me since, unlike some vegans, I still miss meat!).
- •LarabarsChocolate chip cherry torte is BOMB. I'll eat one of these with a banana for breakfast when I'm in a hurry. Basically nothing but nuts and fruits (and sometimes chocolate).
- •Califia Black & WhiteDelicious cold brew. This kind is unsweetened and really, really good. I'd have it more often but it's a little expensive.
- •BarkThinsIt can be surprisingly difficult to find dark chocolate without dairy, but some types of BarkThins are vegan (the package will say "may contain milk," but the ingredients are dairy-free).
- •Dunkin' Donuts HashbrownsI've lost some weight since becoming vegan, and I'm sure I would have lost more if not for the fact that I eat way too many fried potatoes. Most hashbrowns, tater tots, and fries are vegan (I also eat a lot of Sonic tots 😬), and these are especially good because of the seasoning in the mix.
- •Dunkin' Donuts Iced Almond Milk LatteUnlike Starbucks, DD has almond milk! It has the perfect amount of sweetness, and this drink pairs excellently as a snack with the above hashbrowns.
- •Gardein Crispy TendersThese come in a variety of flavors and are great in tacos or burrito bowls or on their own. The plain ones are delicious with spaghetti, too (even to my omnivore husband).
- •Millet TotsI think these have millet and small amounts of onion (I hate onions but I still love these). They serve them as a side to the Beyond Burger, and they taste kind of like hush puppies. Perfectly crispy and salty (I have really high standards for the food I eat, obv).
- •Boom Chicka PopYummy kettle corn. Addictive.
- •These are good with salsa verde!Suggested by @hillary79
- •Dandies MarshmallowsI looked for a veg substitute for mallows for years(!) and these are amazing. For anyone who subscribes to the s'mores lifestyle, as I do religiously.Suggested by @noraesabia
- •Did you know Oreo cookies are vegan?!Suggested by @jessicavonbergen
- •This ice cream!After 4 years of being vegan, I have yet to find an ice cream brand I like better. I may or may not be addicted🤤Suggested by @isabellmae