Things I Miss
I miss simple things
- •Standing in line for concert ticketsBefore online ticketing we'd get up super early and stand in line at the record store. You hung out and talked about the band, how excited you were, what you were going to wear, etc. I grew up in Palm Springs so we also had to figure out what brave parent was taking us all to LA.
- •RecessMaybe I can start adult recess. Anyone want to play tether ball at lunch?
- •NapsNever enough time in the day, especially if my recess thing pans out.
- •TypewritersYou had to think about what you were going to put to paper. No copy and paste option. I think it made us better writers.
- •Writing lettersMy friends and I used to send letters back and forth all summer since we didn't have email in the 80's. We'd decorate with stickers, fancy papers and took picking out stamps seriously.
- •Common decencyIt's very simple and takes very little effort.