Things I Hated as a Child
When all of my friends were obsessed with these things, I just didn't get it.
- •DinosaursI patiently waited for all of my friends to pass through the "dinosaurs are cool" phase only to have Jurassic Park come out and make them even cooler.
- •PogsI think my mom was thrilled my sister and I never jumped on this bandwagon of wasting $$ on cardboard circles.
- •Free WillyStill never seen it. Ironically, I absolutely love MJ's Free Willy song, "Will You Be There" and to this day force people to sing it while driving with me.
- •Saving the PlanetI'm happy to recycle, but why did we have to sing so many songs about it?
- •GogurtJust typing the word makes me gag.
- •Island of the Blue DolphinsI love reading, but not this book. It didn't help that it played into my fear of everyone dying and leaving me behind.
- •Matilda (the movie)At first I thought it was fine, but then when my sister wanted to watch it over and over when I wanted to watch Little Giants. Boo.
- •"Are You Afraid of the Dark?"Yes! Yes I was! But I always had to pretend like this show didn't give me nightmares around my friends. I'm still afraid about the end of the radio dial, but I don't remember why...
- •Mario KartI was so terrible, I secretly feared I'd never be allowed to drive a real car.
- •Juice BoxesAnd the kids who liked to squirt them at other people. The worst.
- •Magic Eye books"Of course I see the penguin, I mean spaceship!" NOT!
- •DaycareIt smelled like disinfectant and was filled with kids who ate crayons and loved all of the above listed things. Ugh.