The Perfect Breakfast. Egg in the Hole
I'm a recent convert to this dish having never been much of a fan of fried eggs.
- •Basic ingredients. An egg. Slice of bread. Butter. Salt and pepper.
- •Simple preparation. The hardest thing you have to do is make a hole in your slice of bread. I use a small juice glass.
- •Cooking/prep time is less than 10 min. Get in my mouth you delicious egg/toast mutant.
- •Tastes good at any time of day/night. This has been my go to meal this month. Simple and satisfying. 7 am? Delicious. 2 am? Heavenly.
- •The small circle of bread you cut out can be dipped in the yolk. I like to serve it on top of the egg so when I lift it off the egg is like a warm and delicious little present I'm unwrapping.
- •My version of this dish is made by sautéing green onions in the hole first and then cracking the egg on top of that. So simple. So good.
- •I would have included pictures but I already ate it.
- •Last thing. Don't over cook your yolk. You'll thank me later.