Things I Learned Watching Groundhog Day With the Audio Commentary On
Harold Ramis is by himself throughout the film.
- •Harold Ramis co-wrote the opening credits theme song with the guy who scored Ghandi
- •All the Groundhog Day scenes were actually shot in Woodstock, IL
- •A family of groundhogs was specifically raised to be used in the movie.
- •In Brazil, the movie is called "The Black Hole of Love"
- •In the original script, Phil Connors lived the same day for 10,000 years.
- •After the police chase quarry scene, as soon as they said cut, Bill was bit by the groundhog and needed a rabies shot.
- •A young Michael Shannon appears as a newlywed at the city's Groundhog Day dance.
- •Later in life, Ramis found himself crying more and more at films, most inexplicably at X-Men