Things I Learned Watching Joyride With the Audio Commentary On
I switched in between separate commentaries: one from co-writers JJ Abrams (!!!) & Clay Tarver, one from director John Dahl and one from Leelee Sobieski. Small note: Sobieski is an insane person. If you have time to waste, watch this movie with her commentary, as I dont even know how to explain how insane she is.
- •JJ was originally set to to direct it, but because of scheduling, he had to pass it off
- •Clay Tarver went on to write Joyride 2 & 3, but is also now a producer on Silicon Valley
- •Recorded years before his fatal accident, Dahl comments that Walker liked doing a lot of his own car stunts
- •To give a more ominous, and bright, look to car lights in general, they replaced each one with airplane lights to have a bigger feel when on camera.
- •Leelee Sobieski does not have her license in real life.
- •Leelee Sobieski does not like beer in real life, despite having to sip it in he movie.
- •As a sign of respect, Leelee Sobieski did not look directly at Steve Zahn and Paul Walker during their semi-nude scene.
- •Leelee Sobieski missed her senior prom because of reshoots.