THE BEST SIGN I SAW DURING THE NEW YORK CITY MARATHON (AND OTHER THOUGHTS. AND BAGELS.)
- •The best sign I saw during the New York City Marathon said "TL; DR. TOO LONG; DIDN'T RUN."
- •(I didn't run the marathon. I took a taxi to a friend's apartment on Central Park South, at the 25.5 mile mark. We watched from the balcony. We ate bagels that I brought from @RussAndDaughters. This felt like important and appropriate carbo-loading.)
- •(Chef Daniel Humm, from Eleven Madison Park and The NoMad, however, did run. And how!) (This is him, in the navy blue shirt and shorts, turquoise socks, neon yellow sneakers.)
- •(This is Mary Keitany. She is the woman who won the marathon. She is obviously amazing.)
- •(The small children with us cheered by yelling: "GO MARATHON!" with joy and with fervor.)
- •(I cried a few times because it really is such an amazing feat to see.)
- •TL; DR. TOO LONG; DIDN'T RUN.