Favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes, Ranked
Inspired by @bjnovak
- •Green Bean CasseroleI love the straight up old school version with Campbell's cream of mushroom, French's fried onions and canned green beans. This year I got fried onions and cream of portobello mushroom soup at Trader Joe's, as well as fresh green beans. I am apprehensive.
- •Mashed Potatoes and GravyAlthough I am ethnically ambiguous, I am more Irish than anything else, so I will take potatoes in any form. And all the beer, please.
- •Cranberry SauceThere is so much salt and beige on a Thanksgiving plate, cranberries are a bright and tart welcome respite.
- •StuffingI love me some Stovetop, so stuffing can be highly ranked on my list if it's done right. Growing up my Grandma made a soggy white bread stuffing and would mix in the turkey giblets. Not a fan.
- •Sweet Potato CasseroleI love toasted marshmallows and used to scoop some off the top and just eat those. My tastes have matured and I enjoy the potato part as well now. I am going to try to make this tomorrow but my husband bought white sweet potatoes, so I'm a bit anxious about how they will turn out.
- •RollsThey just take up room in my stomach. I'm not a big fan of bread in general.