My Favorite Soups
- 1.Anything chili-like.I had pasta fagioli from the Olive Garden tonight for the first time in forever, and it's basically an Italian chili. Put ground meat, beans, tomatoes and spices in a soup, and I am a happy girl.
- 2.Cream of Potato.Bonus points if it is mixed with or topped with cheese. Loaded baked potato is 💯.
- 3.Lobster bisque.Obvs.
- 4.Clam Chowder.Not too much celery, please. If it's basically potato soup with clams, all the better. Quizno's used to make an amazing clam chowder with sherry about 10 years ago.
- 5.Tomato soup.Only acceptable with a grilled cheese on the side. Preferably using my new technique learned from Smitten Kitchen: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2013/10/frico-grilled-cheese-sandwiches/ Unique variation on this category: tomato gin soup from the White Chocolate Grill. It has bacon and a dollop of gin on top.
- 6.Campbell's Beef Barley and Bean with Bacon (tie).Classics from my childhood.
- 7.French onion.I couldn't eat it without the lovely browned cheese and bread topper.