Thoughts and Feelings I Have as a Newbie on Day 1 of Public the List App
The story of how I arrived here.
- •Why yes, @mindy Kaling's Twitter account, I would love to read a list of all of Mindy Lahiri's boyfriends on The Mindy Project and her witty comments about them.
- •What's this app the list is in? Sure, I'll download it to add to the 4,509 other unused apps on my iPhone.
- •What is this that I'm looking at? Wait, everything is in bullet point format? I LOVE bullet points!
- •Is this a new social network that just opened today? I'm so cool for finding it, it's like being at Harvard for The Face Book!
- •Oh, wait. It's been around in beta for a year and all of the cool kids are already here. Who are these non-celebrities who are here? Are they BFFs with the celebs?
- •@john MAYER IS HERE?!?!? I wonder if he'll remember that time he was waiting for his ride in Freeport during Mayercraft Carrier I and I was lying on the sidewalk because I was so hungover and I tried to go lie on the bench by him and his security wouldn't let me.
- •I hope @john Mayer doesn't remember that time I was lying on the sidewalk.
- •I should try posting a list. What should I post a list about? Should I create a fancy online persona where I carefully curate a theme so that I can become online-famous for that topic?
- •Should I be the mommy-blogger on The List App? Would it be off-putting if I make all my lists about breastfeeding?
- •Should I draft a list separately before I try to put it in the app? Ugh, my laptop isn't charged so I can't do it in Word.
- •I'm such a nerd lawyer for needing to use Word for everything I write.
- •OK, just start writing something. I have zero followers, no one will probably see it anyway.
- •How do I get some followers? Oh well, I'll just keep writing lists!