Albums that changed my life 🎶
There's albums came out and impacted me at different times of my life, but they've all remained favorites of mine throughout the years. Did any of these impact you too? What are some of the most important albums in your life?
- •Hopesfall - No Wings to Speak OfMy introduction to melodic hardcore that encompassed much of the end of high school and the beginning of college for me. Inspired me joining (as vocalist) a melodic hardcore band for a while in college. I still wish I had the video someone shot of one of our shows.
- •Refused - The Shape of Punk to ComeStill a seminal album in the post-punk/hardcore genre, this album is full of twists and turns and deserves a listen at least a couple times a year.
- •Sigur Rós - ( )A friend in college introduced me to Sigur Rós. To this day, the "hopelandic" lyrics on this album make it a favorite rainy day or focus album. Listening to it on vinyl is unmatched.
- •Damien Rice - OProbably the single album that defined the early years of my career. As I transitioned from the heavier music of high school and early college, Damien Rice was an amazing, raw talent that led me to my first job at Paste Magazine.
- •Ryan Adams - Jacksonville City NightsPossibly Ryan Adams' least-hearalded album, it is also the most like his early work in Whiskeytown. The straight-forward alt.country album is fantastic, especially Dear John (featuring Norah Jones).
- •Talib Kweli - QualityThus album shifted my musical tastes in a direction I never thought they'd go. Kweli's "conscious hip-hop" helped me realize how great of a musical expression hip-hop could be.
- •Logic - Under Pressure (Deluxe Edition)The most recent influential album for me as my musical tastes expanded beyond acoustic, singer songwriter, and indie. Logic's amazing command of rhyme with lyrics that actually mean something has made this an album I can't stop listening to.