FOODS I LOVE THAT MY TWO-YEAR-OLD WILL EAT
My son did not start out as a good eater at all. When we started introducing solid foods, he rejected the idea completely and for months he wouldn't even take purees. We ended up with a feeding therapist who was amazing and now he is such a fun eater, will try most things, gets excited about food lots of adults won't even eat. Like:
- •Natto. Fermented Japanese soybeans. I am an adventurous eater who likes this stuff, but I was shocked my son was willing to recognize it as food.
- •Fish eggs. He's tried salmon eggs, flying fish eggs, cod roe, even sea urchin, so far will eat it all.
- •Jalapenos. I taught him that a little bit of yogurt or cheese will take away the burn. We're still on tiny bites, but he likes to experiment.
- •Funky cheeses. So far there is not a cheese he will not devour. Brie, taleggio, goat, whatever. He ate 5 ounces of mozzarella cheese for snack the other day.
- •Pickled herring. He is a lot of fun when we go to synagogue and stay for lunch. Pickled herring, smoked salmon, I am raising a little old Jewish man.
- •Salmon in any form. Hot smoked, cold smoked, raw, cooked, he would eat salmon three meals a day, begs for it, it's awesome.
- •Papaya salad. Or basically anything in a Thai restaurant. Sticky rice, noodles, curries, it's all good.
- •Mustard. I got a mustard assortment from Trader Joe's and now he asks for pink mustard (beet and horseradish).
- •Grapefruit. Or really any fruit, with sour cherries and blueberries and blackberries currently in the lead. I love that he gets excited to go to the farmers market.
- •Mushrooms. This one maybe surprised me the most, because I'm not even sure I like mushrooms all that much. But he loves them, it's crazy.