Books I Read on Vacation (pt. 2)
I went on another vacation and read some more books. Here's pt. 1 if you're interested: Books I Read on Vacation
- •Jane SteeleBased on Jane Eyre, except Jane is now a mass murderer- so obviously 1,000x better than the actual Jane Eyre. If you couldn't tell, I didn't really like Jane Eyre, but I thought this book was interesting for the most part.
- •Pride and Prejudice and ZombiesAs a major fan of the actual P&P I was a little apprehensive about this book. However, I actually found it really funny, so maybe get over your own pride and prejudice and give it a chance.
- •Summer SistersAnother adult Judy Blume book (QUEEN). This one was just a great beach read if you couldn't tell by the name alone.
- •Jonathan UnleashedThe main character of this book (Jonathan) was extremely neurotic, but I really liked him and found this book to be pretty funny.
- •Year of YesA memoir by Shonda Rhimes which made me feel so inspired, and empowered, and proud to be a woman. Probably my favorite book that I read while on vacation.
- •TroublemakerLeah Remini's autobiography mostly about her experience on Scientology. This book was very scandalous and juicy and I really enjoyed reading it.
- •In Other WordsI read this book because one time I saw Mindy Kaling Instagram about it and she is basically my life coach. It was a short read, about the author learning Italian, but it was very poignant and well written.
- •Modern LoversI've seen this book everywhere this summer so I wanted to give it a shot. It was about two families and how their lives intersected-an easy read that kept me hooked.
- •I Know Why the Caged Bird SingsA classic that I've been wanting to read for a while, but finally got my hands on. Maya Angelou has some pretty amazing stories to tell and they are definitely worth listening to.