Let's Talk About Max Medina's Proposal on Gilmore Girls
So we can all agree that Gilmore Girls is an amazing show and Lorelai is a queen who deserves to be treated as such. In the season 1 finale her on-off boyfriend Max Medina proposes to her. This proposal is supposedly super romantic, but I have some issues with it.
- •The first time Max proposes it is during a fight with Lorelai.Never a good move.
- •Lorelai calls him on his BS and tells him that a proposal needs to be romantic with 1,000 yellow daisies.
- •She then walks into the Independence Inn the next day to find 1,000 yellow daisies have been delivered.Romantic right? BUT WAIT
- •It would have been romantic for Max to be standing amidst the daisies.Or the walk through the door of the inn.
- •BUT NOPE.
- •Max isn't on the premises; he isn't even in Stars Hallow!
- •Lorelai has to call him for him to propose OVER THE PHONE.
- •And what started out as a proposal with major promise totally crashes and burns.Seriously man? The phone??
- •But whatever, because Max is kind of bland anyways and we all know the only one worthy of Lorelai is LukeSide note: What is this picture?