LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE BOOKS RANKED
- •Farmer BoySorry Almanzo, but no one really cares about your childhood.
- •By The Shores of Silver LakeMary went blind, Jack died, and I was basically depressed the whole way through.
- •The Long WinterBasically they were snowed in for the entire book. Not the worst but not the most exciting either.
- •Little Town on the PrairieOne of the rare books in the series where things are actually going pretty well for the Ingalls. Laura gets a job, they live in town, the winter is mild, and a cutie named Almanzo shows up to walk Laura home from church 😏
- •Little House in the Big WoodsOur sweet introduction to the Ingalls family. Highlights include Pa shooting a bear holding a pig and a bratty cousin getting attacked by a bunch of bees.
- •Little House on the PrairieWho can forget the rollercoaster of emotions when the creek rises while the Ingalls are crossing it and they think Jack drowns, only to find out that he has not only survived but found his way back to them?! As Ma always says, "All's well that ends well."
- •These Happy Golden YearsLaura and Almanzo take weekly carriage rides and fall in love, therefore establishing the original #relationshipgoals. This book is sweet and romantic and even as a little girl I swooned.
- •On The Banks of Plum CreekThe Ingalls lived in a dugout which always sounded super cool to me. Laura and Mary also started school, and Laura tricked the awful Nellie Olsen into swimming in leech-infested waters. The locust invasion was super intense, but say it with me..."All's well that ends well!"