GIVE IT A CHANCE: MUSICALS I LOVE THAT ARE BASED ON MOVIES 🙀
WHATS A COMMON THEME HERE OH FEMALE AGENCY????!! so anyway I told @nicvillaric I was tryna to make a "guilty pleasure" type list so here
- •HEATHERSsome people who love the movie did not like this musical. I love the movie. I did not get to see this musical. I do listen to it, and it is badass and amazing and belt-y af and perf. https://soundcloud.com/heathers-the-musical/04-freeze-your-brain
- •THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTYDEADASS BEAUTIFUL I CRY I DIE OML YOU GOTTA LISTEN TO THIS https://soundcloud.com/bridgesbroadway/it-all-fades-away
- •BRING IT ONremember how we all all love Lin Manuel Miranda?? Remember how I told you to listen to Next to Normal and you did and you loved it?? Guess what this was written by those two guys!!!! And if you're a nerd like me you start to hear composers dealio and feel it out when you listen to things and that's fun and cool! http://youtu.be/v6YNT8J0SiY
- •LEGALLY BLONDEWait, wait, remember how I just said that composer thing? Well one of the guys who did this is one of the guys who did Heathers so when that came out I was like HOLY SHIT dat Legally Blonde belting and harmonies and shit tho yas. Pro tip he's also working on the Mean Girls musical w/ Tina Fey's husband.
- •21 CHUMP STREETokay not technically based on a the movie. Lin wrote this based on the This American Life story aka specifically for my interests!! And after you listen to this when you go back and listen Hamilton and Bring It On and In The Heights, you will FEEL those Lin vibes in your SOUL. http://youtu.be/UvK00CMqG-g
- •SHREKI'm not gonna try to defend this. Just letting you know Sutton Foster is Queen and Brian D'arcy James is King and Jeanine Tesori is the other Queen and that is that.
- •NEWSIESYOU ALREADY LOVE NEWSIES OTHERWISE YOU WOULDNT BE FOLLOWING ME RIGHT yes it takes a while to get used to the lyrics they changed from the movie but JEREMY JORDAN'S VOICE guys
- •bonusWicked, Phantom, Les Mis, even Rent, etc-- theatre snobs will tell you this is "guilty pleasure" material. I say whatever. I will like what I like. For example, I'm not into jukebox musicals, but if that's what you like go for it! Yeah like somebody once said "there's no such thing as guilty pleasures" and yeah wise as shit
- •signed,Jess aka MUSICAL THEATRE TRASH 💞🤗💀