ME AT HALF MY AGE
inspired by @nathanveshecco the list app tag meme king
- •I was NINE and it was 2007
- •I listened to Wicked and Rent
- •I liked Harry Potter and Percy Jackson and Matilda and Bridge to Terabithia and Holes
- •I was obsessed with superhero adjacent cartoons and I made this whole list about it I HAVE SEEN EVERY EPISODE OF THESE SUPERHERO AND SUPERHERO-ADJACENT CARTOONS
- •I binge watched Static Shock before binge-watching and Netflix was even a thing!! All the episodes used to be on Youtube. No taking things down because of copyright infringement! It was like the Wild West!
- •I also loved Moulin Rouge and Disney everything
- •I watched House MD bc my parents did, which was probably inappropriate but whatever
- •I started doing pointe at around this point (hahahaha). The Nutcracker was a big deal.
- •I ate literally nothing but trash like I would spend my lunch money on ice cream instead and that would be all I ate
- •My little elementary school musical won this contest and we got to go on a field trip to the Bronx Zoo and perform there!
- •I loved Limited Too, but it was expensive so it was super special when I got clothes from there
- •I wore leggings with dresses
- •and these sweat suits
- •I was obsessed with Youtube karaokes of like the Jonas Brothers and Taylor Swift
- •I feel like everything happened in 2008?? I grew up a lot at that point bc I went to the "upper elementary school" where the fifth and sixth graders in my school district went
- •and I honestly feel like that time was when the internet got more stuff too? Like Youtube and Tumblr and Hulu (which used to be completely free!) really got going.
- •Also, Twilight happened in 2008 which I now cringe at, but along with Harry Potter and the DCAU, it was what really got me into fandom stuff.
- •By the time I was ten, I started being able to read the books and watch the movies and tv and listen to the music that I really wanted to. It was easy to research and find what I was interested in because, again, the internet.