MY VINYL COLLECTION RANKED
I have way more that I stole from my parents, but these are the records that I truly consider mine. Also, can I just point out that vinyl is hella expensive?
- •Kim Carnes - Mistaken IdentityLiterally walked four miles to a record store, bought this album for solely for "Bette Davis Eyes," and the track skipped. Now I just have a bad taste in my mouth about the whole thing.
- •Tune-Yards - Nikki Nack"Water Fountain" and "Rocking Chair" get me hyped, really have to be in the right mood for the rest of the songs. It's a red colored vinyl though, so that's neat.
- •The Outfield - Play DeepThe first album I played on my record player. "Your Love" is the OG bop.
- •Sam Hunt - MontevalloThe newest addition to my collection. My friends gave me all sorts of crap for buying it. Dude's talented though.
- •Judy Collins - Colors of the Day: The Best OfLove Judy, and a good collection. Plus it came with a poster that I proudly display in my dorm room.
- •Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever AgoSuch good work from a fellow Wisconsinite. Perfect to put on in winter while you curl up with some cocoa and watch the snow fall.
- •The Shins - Oh Inverted WorldGreat, though I honestly just bought it because Pet Sounds was too expensive. You can't not like The Shins.
- •Ryan Adams - GoldSide Two is like the most consistently fantastic string of songs in music history. "Stars Go Blue" and "SYLVIA PLATH" both blow me away.
- •Samantha Crain - Kid FaceSaw her live, and she's just such a powerful performer. Really well written songs. "Churchill" was the highlight for me.
- •Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the CityThis album changed my perception of Vampire Weekend. "Hannah Hunt" defines my idea of modern romance.
- •The Oh Hellos - Dear WormwoodThe title track is my personal anthem. So good that it actually makes me emotional.
- •Meatloaf - Bat Out Of HellPossibly the greatest rock album of all time. Absolutely flawless. Reminds me of my father, who worships Meatloaf. I still want to be Meatloaf when I grow up.
- •Various- Garden State: Music from the Motion PictureTHE BEST soundtrack ever compiled. I relate to the movie on a highly personal level, and the soundtrack resonates just as much. Honestly, this album was made for vinyl, and I don't care how expensive it was, because it gives me all the feels.