SILICON VALLEY IS THE WORST, COURTESY OF 9 NAUSEATING QUOTES FROM THAT NYT ARTICLE ABOUT AMAZON
Seriously, how do these people take themselves seriously?
- •"Climb the wall."What you're supposed to do when you hit a wall.
- •"Never settle."From the company's "leadership principles" aka cult commandments
- •"Dive deep."Some bullshit business speak that means do your job
- •"Think big."As opposed to small, clearly.
- •"Im peculiar!"Not to be confused with "I'm quirky!", this is allegedly the company's proud phrase for overturning workplace conventions. Also great for Brooklyn flea markets.
- •"Be vocally self-critical."Also, back stab the shit out of your colleagues via anonymous messaging services to your boss!!
- •"Once you know something isn't as good as it could be, why wouldn't you want to fix it?"Oh, I don't know, cause I'd rather take a nap?
- •"When you're shooting for the moon, the nature of the work is really challenging."Totally, bro. I get it. Shooting for the literal moon all the days must be straight exhausting!