Things I Have Tried Lately to Cope with Seasonal Depression
I live in Phoenix. It's the summertime. 'Nuff said.
- •Irving Naturals Sunny Mood supplement... Had great Amazon reviews. If it worked, I probably wouldn't have needed to try all of this other shit...
- •MeditationI think it might have made it worse.
- •JournalingThree pages a day of misery a la Julia Cameron's "The Artist's Way"
- •A light boxBecause you can barely be outside for five minutes. Also because it got amazing Amazon reviews.
- •Krill oilBecause a book that suggested Omega 3's as a natural cure for depression got amazing Amazon reviews.
- •Copa di vinoExcellent invention
- •YogaFrom a list of depression-relieving poses I found on li.st
- •Feeling sorry for myselfVery time-consuming
- •Watching a documentary series about child murdersWhy didn't that perk me up?!
- •Acupuncture with my beloved Dr. KimActually seemed to help
- •Hanging out with friendsBut you've still gotta face yourself eventually
- •Making a li.st!