BEFORES AND AFTERS
- •People askif I think of my life as divided in two, "before" and "after" I got sick.
- •People askand my answer is usually something along the lines of, "No, well yes, I used to, but not anymore. I don't believe in befores and afters."
- •And then I explain why not.
- •But I'm realizingthat I think about befores and afters a lot.
- •I do.Just not on so grand a scale.
- •Before we cleared the table
- •Before we changed the sheets
- •Before the waffles burned and stuck
- •After I said the thing.