Bedtime with Juliet
She's 3. I lie next to her listening to her stream of consciousness most nights as she's falling asleep. Decided to list tonight's best stuff.
- •Juliet, "Mom? A little help here. I'm lazy."(Her blanket got twisted.)
- •"I just really don't like people who aren't my friends."Pretty sure we all feel this way. She's just more honest.
- •"Mom? Why did God give me blonde hair? Why can't I have brown hair like everyone else in dis family??"I looooove her hair! 😢 But I assured her mine was the same blonde as a kid, and hers will darken too.
- •"I wish I was a creature. I would be a nice creature. I wouldn't bite people." (Whispers dramatically) "I would just bite de Night monsters. De scary ones. So if I was a creature I would bite all de night monsters to keep de people safe."😳
- •"Popcorn doesn't have hair!! It's yellow white. Like our teef. But it doesn't have hair."Mmmmkay. I think sleep is close.
- •Tiny snores. 😍😍😍