BEST VACATIONS I'VE EVER TAKEN
Counting down my favorite vacation memories. Happy to think about the memories I'm hopefully building for my kids!
- 9.Tucson, 1989ishI grew up in Texas, but my grandparents lived in Tucson. The summer I was seven (I think?? Maybe the year before), my whole family went for a week, and they left me for THREE whole weeks. Then my grandparents drove me back halfway, and my dad met them in West Texas to get me. It was basically a 3 week sleepover with my awesome grandparents, who had a SWIMMING POOL. I was so happy.
- 8.Malibu, 2008My husband flew out on Sunday afternoon for a week of work training. I was supposed to go see friends in Flag, but Noel called me to say he'd gotten a suite all to himself, so I bailed on my friends, and drove to Malibu on Monday. For four glorious days I read in the hotel room/on the beach all day while he had training, and then we used his per diem for a swanky dinner out every night. It was the BEST! 😁
- 7.Durango, 1995When I was in 8th grade my family spent a few days in Durango & Silverton, Colorado. SO pretty.
- 6.Bath, 2001I spent 2 months in England & Belgium & France the summer after high school graduation (courtesy of a plane ticket and free lodging - yay for graduation presents from aunts!). It's nearly impossible to pick one place... But I'm gonna go with Bath. I went 3x by myself... A coach full of me & all elderly day trippers... Just bc I loved it so!
- 5.Disneyland, 2014I know Disney with a 5mo & an almost 4yo wouldn't sound fun to a lot of people. But we took my sister with us, and in exchange for us providing the hotel, am she provided some babysitting. So she'd hang in the hotel with the napping girls in the afternoons while Noel and I rode roller coasters; and we'd have family fun all morning & evening. It was perfect!
- 4.Seattle, 2013Babymoon! Actually, we've been twice, and I was pregnant each time. Gonna give June 2013 the edge over December 2009 though, bc you just can't beat the PNW in the summer!
- 3.Northern Arizona, 2014This is the vacation where we did almost nothing. Except sit around and read and watch our kids play. We spent a few days in Show Low, and a few days in Flag, and I have fond memories of how lazy it was.
- 2.London, 2003London is hands-down my favorite city in the world. And in my travels during 2003, I spent more than a month there, which was so lovely. Also, I met a cute English boy, which perhaps influences my memories of that summer. 😉
- 1.San Francisco, 2015We went to San Francisco on our honeymoon and loved it. But we went again last year with the kids - and I think that trip was nearly perfect. So awesome to introduce them to the architecture & history there, and thanks to smartphones, it's a lot easier to make sure you only eat at the good places! Every meal was pretty much perfection.