CLICHÉS IN THE BOOK I'M READING TODAY
This book is well-written, grammatically speaking. But the plot is just one cliché after another!
- •Heroine lost job, boyfriend, and apartment in rapid succession. Is living at parents' house, eating lots of ice cream.
- •High school sweetheart (now a famous movie director), is back in town.
- •Running into old high school rival causes heroine to claim spurious relationship with bike store employee.
- •Heroine ends up having to work at bike store.
- •Bike store employee turns out to be history teacher at expensive prep school who just moonlights at bike store on summer break.
- •Bike store employee teaches heroine how to shoot pool.Necessitating close contact as he teaches her to hold a cue stick. 🙄 I might have bailed at this point, except I'm reading it for review.
- •Director turns out to be kind of a d-bag. But he's so handsome! And suave!
- •HOW WILL HEROINE EVER CHOOSE BETWEEN BIKE STORE GUY AND DIRECTOR???