FINDING THE BRIGHT SIDE
My 2.5 year old has been up a LOT in the night lately. I'm tired. And feeling annoyed with her. So I deliberately looked on the bright side today.
- •When she's using the gerund form of verbs, she always adds an extra "ing". "I'm walkinin!" "We're goinin?"
- •I can tell when she's feeling nervous or scared, because she calls me Mama Bear instead of Mama.
- •She was super super clingy today, and insisted that I wear her in the Ergo to walk to the bus stop to pick up big sis. Haha. I can barely see over her head, she's so hilariously big!
- •At the Y she always holds the door open for elderly people. 💖 She started doing it all by herself. "Somebody's cominin Mama! I hold the door." And yes, old people gush over her every time. 😊
- •I was making Wednesday Chef's browned butter & mint corn for dinner, and she was apparently too hungry to wait. She climbed up on the counter and started eating frozen corn kernels by the spoonful.
- •She always wants to "find her own burp" after nursing now, and will sit and pat her own chest with this adorable concentrating face.
- •She fell asleep reading a book about the US presidents. 📖❤️
- •Here's hoping she STAYS asleep. 😉