How much Advent is too much?
I really really REALLY like Christmas, mmmkay?
- •Advent wreath + devotional from church. Candles to be lit each Sunday.
- •A Tsum Tsum calendar for Juliet.
- •A Lego calendar for Eleanor.
- •Tiny tree ready for Truth in the Tinsel ornaments.
- •Said ornaments to be colored each day.
- •I'm feeling a little guilty about the toy ones I think, since normally our Advent stuff is non-materialistic.
- •But, I almost never buy my kids any toys (since they have grandparents & great-grandparents who spoil them rotten).
- •And I was looking at the stuff I'd bought them for Christmas (new shoes, a backpack, Judy Moody books, new snow jacket). All nice, and they'll appreciate it, but not... exciting.
- •I gave in to temptation, and spent a silly amount of money on fun Advent calendars, because for once I want to be the one who gets the squeals of excitement when they open a present.
- •Grandma can't have ALL the squeals this year. 😜