I READ 148 BOOKS IN 2015, AND I'M REVIEWING THEM 10 AT A TIME. PART 4/15.
🏅 to 5 star books. 💣 to 2 stars or less. Part 3 here: I READ 148 BOOKS IN 2015 & I'M REVIEWING THEM 10 AT A TIME. PART 3/15. Part 5 here: I READ 148 BOOKS IN 2015, AND I'M REVIEWING THEM BY TENS. PART 5/15..
- •Shiver by Maggie StiefvaterI'm a HUGE Maggie fan girl, so I broke my personal "no werewolves or vampires" rule. It was good, but I haven't read the sequels yet, because: werewolves.
- •🏅The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica MorganI loved this book so much. I'm an Anglophile, and I just couldn't put the silly thing down. Definitely one of the best of 2015.
- •The Princess Bride by William GoldingI've seen the movie a million times, but somehow I'd never gotten to the book. After reading Cary Elwes's AS YOU WISH last year, I finally got around to picking this up - and I was super surprised by how different it is from the movie!
- •Hold on My Heart by Tracy BroganMeh. Not awesome. Which was a bummer, since her Bell Harbor books were so funny.
- •💣 Gulp by Mary RoachI really liked STIFF, but I got so bored while listening to this one.
- •Mrs. Pollifax Unveiled by Dorothy GilmanI thought I might do a big Pollifax reread this year. But 2 were enough I think.
- •💣 The Beekeeper's Daughter by Sofia MontefioreHer writing was good, a bit reminiscent of Kate Morton or Lisa Jewell... But blah. The entire book was predicated on multiple infidelities, and I just don't find that romantic.
- •Cousin Kate by Georgette HeyerMy favorite author. Forever and always. This book is so very different than most of her other ones! The Gothicness is so fun.
- •Red Rising by Pierce BrownGuys, have you read this series yet?? @mhawkeyem got me hooked on the audiobooks, and they're SO GOOD. Dying for book 3 to come out.
- •Every Secret Thing by Emma ColeA fun thriller, mostly set in Portugal. A great, quick read.