LIST 13/15 - REVIEWING ALL THE BOOKS THAT I READ IN 2015!
5 stars get 🏅, 2 stars or less get 💣. List 12 here: 12/15 - REVIEWING BOOKS 111-120 OF 2015 List 14: LIST 14/15 - I'M ALMOST DONE REVIEWING ALL THE BOOKS I READ IN 2015!!
- •Wool by Hugh HoweyThis was originally self-published as 5 novellas. I loved the changing viewpoints of life in the Silo. It's basically a murder mystery set in a dystopian future.
- •The Storied Life of AJ Fikry by Gabrielle ZevinThis sweet little story was SPOT ON in its depiction of the book industry.
- •The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret AtwoodI enjoyed this so much! I don't know how I never read any Atwood before, this was so beautifully written.
- •Buenos Aires by James GardenerDid you know residents of Buenos Aires are called Porteños?
- •The Lake House by Kate MortonAnother addictingly fun novel from Morton!
- •Mr. Popper's Penguins by Richard and Florence AtwaterSilly and fun. Although did penguins really used to be that unknown?
- •🏅Winter by Marissa MeyerYAY. I was so happy with this conclusion to the Lunar Chronicles! I loved that it was a mostly happy ending, but that none of the characters were completely untouched.
- •Season of Storms by Susanna KearsleyNot great, but a lovely Italian setting...
- •Behold, Here's Poison by Georgette HeyerAh Randall the amiable snake. You're such a clever amateur sleuth.
- •The Last Anniversary by Liane MoriartyMan I love Moriarty's books. Funny and Australian and so hard to put down.