LIST 14/15 - I'M ALMOST DONE REVIEWING ALL THE BOOKS I READ IN 2015!!
🏅 = 5 stars, 💣 = 2 or less. List 13 here: LIST 13/15 - REVIEWING ALL THE BOOKS THAT I READ IN 2015! List 15 here: LIST 15/15!! I'M DONE REVIEWING ALL 148 BOOKS I READ LAST YEAR.
- •🏅 Angels Burning by Tawni O'DellDo you watch Justified? This is like the Crowe clan come to life, except the sheriff is a strong middle-aged woman instead of twinkle-eyed Raylon Givens. It's dark and funny, and really good.
- •The Men Who United the States by Simon WinchesterThis book does a great job of linking lots of disparate bits of US history. I found it fascinating. And now I want him to write The Women Who United the States.
- •Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria SempleSo fun! Makes me wish I lived in Seattle.
- •Golden Son by Pierce BrownGAH. How is there even going to be a book 3???
- •Even the Dead by Benjamin BlackThe cover is misleading. This is a quiet, mid-century Irish mystery. Reminiscent of Jacqueline Winspear or Charles Todd.
- •The Android's Dream by John ScalziThis was... Odd. But strangely unputdownable! And laugh out loud funny sometimes.
- •The Things We Keep by Sally HepworthI can't stop thinking about this book. It's about Anna, 38, who has early onset Alzheimer's. She's in an assisted living facility when she falls in love with another resident named Luke. But will Anna and Luke remember their love as they lose their memories?
- •💣 The Girl on the Train by Paula HawkinsBlah. I didn't like any of the characters. And I saw the "shocking twist" coming.
- •The Quiet Gentleman by Georgette HeyerI really like Gervase's character as I get older. He's charming, quietly (and sarcastically) funny, thoughtful, intelligent, and handsome. Basically, everyone's dream guy. Amiright?
- •Someone Else's Love Story by Joshilyn JacksonThis was my first book by Jackson, but it won't be my last! I was completely engrossed.