LIST 9/15 (REVIEWING ALL THE BOOKS I READ IN 2015)
🏅 = 5 stars, 💣 = 3 stars or less ... List 8 here: I'M REVIEWING EVERY BOOK I READ IN 2015 VIA THE LIST APP! (LIST 8/15)
- •Down Among the Dead Men by Peter LoveseyA return to the Superintendent Diamond I love. I felt like the last book or two veered off course, but I really enjoyed this one (in spite of the departure from the usual Bath setting).
- •The Winner's Crime by Marie RutkoskiThe stakes are raised high in this book, as Kestrel faces a basically impossible dilemma. And it had quite a cliffhanger ending!
- •🏅 Frederica by Georgette HeyerIf you've never read a Heyer novel, start here. It's lovely.
- •A Chorus of Innocents by PF ChisholmA decent Elizabethan mystery... Although I was a little confused (since I jumped in mid-series).
- •Ready Player One by Ernest ClineSO fun. I blazed through this one, even if a lot of the video game references were over my head.
- •Eleanor & Park by Rainbow RowellI read this 2 years ago, and listened to the audio this time. I think I liked the print version a little better.
- •💣 The Shadowy Horses by Susanna KearsleyUGH. Of all the spineless heroines. I was not a fan of Verity, at all.
- •If You Only Knew by Kristan HigginsMy book snobbery judged all of Higgins' other books by their covers, but I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked this one.
- •The Convenient Marriage by Georgette HeyerAnother fun Heyer. Although surely there has to be a better nickname for Horatia than 'Horry'!
- •The Perfect Comeback of Caroline Jacobs by Matthew DicksWimpy Caroline Jacobs finally stands up to her high school bully... 20 years later.