My 2017 NY Resolutions
- •12,000 steps a day.This will be easy for the next 4 months while the weather's nice. Once we hit the 100s, it'll be harder. But hopefully my other goals will be habits by May, and I can focus on steps by then.
- •7 min a day of focused one-on-one with EleanorHer school day is pretty long, and we only have about 4 hours between pick-up and bed-time... and those get full with piano lessons and gymnastics and friends and things. I get lots of one-on-one w/Ju while E is at school, and w/hubby post-bedtime, but E has definitely had more attitude lately, and I hope quality time now will help our relationship in the upcoming tween/teen years. Hoping for game-playing and book-reading and such.
- •7 min a day of non-step exerciseFor the first time in years I'm not setting a weight loss goal... but I'm hoping that exercise goals will help with weight loss. I'm thinking things like: light weights, ab work, yoga, etc. We got a gym membership last Jan for the first time ever, and I definitely got stronger over the year. I want to keep that up!
- •7 min a day for spiritual growthI'm thinking prayer journaling, or Bible reading. Or hey, maybe sometimes I can combine this one with exercise and do some mindful yoga! It's just good for my mental health to get more in the habit.
- •Not committing to any new ongoing (non-paying) things.I do a lot of stuff at church, and some with Tucson Refugee Ministry, and then the kid's school, and and and and. I get excited about things and I want to be helpful, but I also really want to ramp up my freelance writing, and I will never have time for that if I keep saying yes to so many volunteer things.
- •Basically, I'm wanting to be stronger, a little thinner, less-burned out, and less irritated with my kids in 2017! Hopefully these small steps will help.I'm purposefully making tiny, specific goals this year, in the hopes of actually achieving them!
- •Guys, I'm doing SO WELL!!! I also added daily flossing and 3 hours of phone-free time every day. (Ahem, quite possibly why I haven't been very present around here!) But it's been good for me. Healthier gums and a healthier mind (as I stay present in my real life and stay out of the awful headlines).I have pretty much quit FB and twitter again in the wake of the inauguration. Gah.