THE TOP TEN KIDS BOOKS OF ALL TIME, ACCORDING TO WHAT I GRAB OFF SHELVES IN TEN MINUTES
Inspired by @jaidub
- •Rilla of Ingleside*sob* My favorite of the Anne of Green Gables series.
- •Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's StoneDo I already own all of these? Yes. Am I going to buy the illustrated version of all of them too? Yes.
- •Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad DaySometimes I still threaten to move to Australia.
- •Caddie WoodlawnI wanted to be Caddie Woodlawn when I was a kid! She was so brave & feisty.
- •Gone-Away LakeElizabeth Enright's books are all great. But I particularly loved this one, the idea of having a whole house as your childhood clubhouse is just magical.
- •The Stinky Cheese ManThis was the height of hilarity in elementary school. Eleanor was cracking up at it the other day, which makes me happy.
- •Blueberries for SalSuch a sweet little book. Plonk plonk plonk. (And our used copy came with this handy-dandy bicycle safety sticker on it!)
- •The Scorpio RacesI'm a big, big Maggie Stiefvater fan. And this one is so good! I wish Thisby was a real island. I probably would've picked Pip Bartlett here since it's geared to younger readers than Scorpio Races, but I only own the Kindle version.
- •Caps for Sale"GIVE ME BACK MY CAPS!!!" There's something so satisfying about shouting with the peddler when I read this aloud to Juliet.
- •Number the StarsThis one set me bingeing on sad historical fiction. Scott O'Dell, Patricia Beatty, Ann Rinaldi, et al.