Why were toys in the 80s so terrifying and/or sad?
Purging the bin of childhood toys. Mostly mine, a few my husband's.
- •This is so Oregon Trail.
- •I remember loving these clown bookends. But now there's only one. What to do with a lonely, creepy bookend?
- •Colorforms!! Too bad they're all warped and curled with age.
- •This is Bop Bop, my first doll.We lived in Texas in 1983. Even the dolls had big Texas bangs. 😂
- •This one is actually kind of cool. But husband has zero recollection of it. Where did it come from??
- •My aunt made these little dolls for me. If I re-ink their faces to make them less scary, I think I'll keep them, since they're small and will fit in a little baggie.
- •The last lonely ring to my stacking toy. (I got rid of it a few years ago, but missed this one apparently.)
- •SHE IS COMING TO STEAL YOUR SOUL.
- •This rattle is heavy, hard plastic. I feel like a baby could give themselves a concussion!
- •And a tarnished silver mug engraved with Jessica Anne. Sigh. This is the kind of stuff I feel guilty about tossing, since someone obviously had it engraved for me. But, WHAT DO I DO WITH ALL THIS CRAP?? We are drowning in stuff.Thinking heartless, minimalist thoughts. Thinking heartless, minimalist thoughts. Thinking heartless, minimalist thoughts.