Finally reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
My current thoughts and reactions from reading the new Harry Potter. I've stayed away from most spoilers and other peoples' lists.
- •This stage direction😯Since when did Ron become the jokester of the group
- •There's a secret time turner and Scorpius rumored to be Voldemort's sonWait what??!! For real? Now I see why people have been it comparing to fan fiction
- •Albus gets sorted in SlytherinSaw that coming
- •The candy lady is a weird mythical gatekeeper 😱She will use her candy as grenades and transform into a terrifying monster to make sure you stay on the train.
- •Going back in time seems like a terrible ideaSo much could go wrong.
- •See I told you
- •Alternate Universe where Snape is still alive😃
- •Will update more as I continue to read
- •Update: Snape 😭
- •Update: This double cross by Delphi was fairly obvious
- •Voldemort had a kid?????
- •How???This makes absolutely no sense.
- •This crazy time travel business reads like some science fiction showLike a bizarre episode of Doctor Who
- •Final Thoughts:If this play ever comes to the US or is taped, I would be interested in seeing it because the staging sounds intriguing. But as a straight story, it in no way reads like a Harry Potter book and like many other people have said it seems way more like a fan fic.